You sick people
Mulder
2007-04-29 17:56:40 UTC

Rodeo is a sick sport. Hopefully someday this will stop.
~justusloonz~
2007-05-02 23:40:38 UTC
Post by Mulder
http://youtu.be/Tzg-zpXik6U
Rodeo is a sick sport. Hopefully someday this will stop.
I think you need to lick the crusty bottom fecal matter off my boots.
Admit it. You WANT to don't you? You need to stay on your side of the
big pond and shut up you useless troll. You're watching and being
brainwashed by some PeTArded nonsense. The bucking horses sometimes
have to be repeatedly pulled into position so the cowboy doesn't get
injured, but that wouldn't make you happy now would it? The calves
being "dragged" (not the steers) are by horses trained to keep the
line tight, but you're not taught that now were you? I bet you've
never attended an American rodeo, spare having asked any of us how
it's done. The steer dragging as it's called? I never see this at
rodeos I attend. The wild horse riding is done at few rodeos, and as
bull poker (of which I started the first website on the 'Net a decade
ago) it's a rarity, so injuries to these broncs are rare as well. Only
once have I attended a rodeo with wild horse riding that a bronc
became injured.

P.S., We weren't stupid enough to draw the Muhammed cartoons because
rodeo folk pretty keep much to themselves. It's a sense of respect and
pure understanding we as rodeo and ranching folk have that you PeTArds
and useful idiot PeTArd lovers may never understand, but it ain't my
problem. Go ahead, eat your tofu, drink your soy milk and die of PHG
poisoning. I want my bison burger - medium well please!

Just the messenger,

~justusloonz~
Mulder
2007-05-06 10:10:29 UTC
You can change my view on rodeo. Its a sick sport. Just that you accuse my
country on the huhammed pictures shows that you doesnt have a case.
Perhaps its a question of culture, and you are so deep that you cant see
clearly.
Post by ~justusloonz~
http://youtu.be/Tzg-zpXik6U
~justusloonz~
~justusloonz~
2007-05-08 06:25:03 UTC
Post by Mulder
You can change my view on rodeo. Its a sick sport. Just that you accuse my
country on the huhammed pictures shows that you doesnt have a case.
Perhaps its a question of culture, and you are so deep that you cant see
clearly.
Didn't a Dane compose the offensive cartoon characture of Mohammed? If
he had understood how offensive they could be to that culture, yet
assumed under freedom of speech that it alone could trump all else, he
was mistaken. Yes, I have that cartoon. No, I'm not muslim in either
lineage or beliefs, but I do understand why they take it as offensive
nevertheless.

You chose to post this in this forum which is supportive of the rodeo
sport. To my understanding, this is not for anti-rodeo discussion in
such a manner that an entire group is attacked without proper
attrition of the specifics, other than a biased video, particularly
one you likely didn't produce yourself. I didn't start this.. Until
you can tell me you have actually been to an American rodeo, can you
really state it is indeed sick?

To play Devil's Advocate, I do not know if Americans have ever
attempted to host one specifically on Danish soil, but I know a few in
the Pro ranks to find this out! There are some rodeo fans in Britain,
France and Spain. Australia, Canada and Brazil have active
contestants. I bet very few if any rodeos are broadcast to Europe in
part due to the mass amount of misunderstanding and brainwashing that
animal rights advocates have given over the years. There would be few
if any sponsors willing to risk the backlash there, and that's very
sad. Some people who I'd consider quite balanced and proper have
surprised me with their ignorance of the sport, and their mindset is
closed enough to not consider otherwise.

These animals are fed and cared for far better than most foraging on
the free range could imagine. Most stock contractors enjoy their work,
and there are many in rodeo who ride that don't truly understand the
business the contractor does. It's not at all easy. The best consider
their animals very much as part of their family. I won't name one very
popular PRCA contractor who fired a hired-hand on the spot for
witnessing abuse that hand was placing on one of his broncs. He sent
em' packing for Wyoming and reported the incident to the Assocation.
To my understanding, once this is done, that person is blacklisted
from further employment in such a role in that association, and it
wouldn't surprise me if "word" got out to other associations. Consider
that the animals a stock contractor owns are investments and it would
be stupid for that contractor to abuse and wantonly disregard them or
allow anyone doing the same. We DO talk and we DO show concern for
these animals, despite the bias that video showed.

At the least, you should ask if what you seen was true and gave us the
opportunity to address it. Just because it's on the Net doesn't mean
it's always true or atypical of someone or something. At that point,
you wouldn't be trolling. It would become a discussion where the
bull**** is separated from the hay, where that wonderful light bulb
everyone has can glow brightly with newfound knowledge "WOW! So that's
how it's done!" or something you've seen was just an unfortunate
accident and may be explained here.

I encourage you to take my advice through that same cynical lens, but
keep an open mind at least - and not only will you learn, but will be
way smarter than the average person watching rodeos today. Only those
hardcore fans and whom have participated in at least an event can
truly educate outsiders of what these events are about. Trust me on
that point as there are many here in America watching their first
rodeos, sometimes just to catch the halftime entertainment from a
country star. I'm amongst those who pay little attention, even if Reba
makes the stage, and I've played dozens upon dozens of her songs on
the air over the years. Again, it's my perspective I'm viewing it
from. Some rodeo "programs" or multi-page sponsored-filled guides will
outline brief information on these events. Few rodeos such as Cody
(Wyoming) remain in the same place and operate throughout the season.
Most move about to town after town, so the learning curve for the
average person is tougher, despite it being in the Top 50 Sports list
that I saw a couple of years ago.It's easy to misunderstand and have
it overwhelm you the first time as it did with me while I was still a
teenager before I got on my first bronc a few years later at 21. There
was "no way in hell" either my mother or father would have approved or
understood why I was willing to take the chances I did, but it was the
experience of it. Several injuries later, I still don't regret it.

There has been significant discussion about the 2002 Winter Olympics
rodeo between Canada and the United States that was held in Utah near
the Olympic venue that was mentioned in this NG and how it required
support from rodeo fans to keep protestors from having it cancelled.
Back in the 80's when I started riding bucking horses, it was pretty
much a non-issue as PeTA was concerned about dog and cat abuse and
unwanted animals. Initially, they did the right thing in encouraging
spay and neuter programs before more and more states begin mandating
them. It's the ONLY aspect I can fully agree with them on. Recently,
when an ignorant animal rights authority in Germany suggested the
beyond-cute polar bear cub, rejected by his mother, be euthanized for
being alone, it was laughable! Knut will be a stud, given time. For
now, I understand he's under security because of death threats.

I try to remember that aboard a bucking horse, that animal can feel
pain as well as I can, but long ago, rodeo participants before me had
addressed most of these concerns by the very wide girths underneath
the "riggin'" or surchingle I gripped and the very dulled and
free-spinning spurs I rode with. This is something that isn't revealed
to young people today, as lessons learned long ago are forgotten
unless the effort is made to have them taught. It sucks that young
people in the cities are taught by liberal feely-good idiots that
cowboys and rodeo folk in particular, are so brutal. This is true if
we are cornered. The original rodeo cowboy pro organization was known
at the Turtles because of the slowness of the group. Snapping Turtles
have powerful jaws and can tear flesh quite well, even without teeth,
if disturbed! I would suggest to supporters of this thread that the
right kind of turtle be chosen. We'll snap and put some serious hurt
on those who threaten us and our lifestyle.

Rodeo contractors and riders have attempted to address concerns of
animals rights organizations for years. It is the ARO's repeated
refusals to engage in dialouge that is showing the rodeo community of
the ARO's agenda - nothing less than eventual elimination of the
sport, through legislative and propaganda means, as many here realize
for the failed War on Drugs and War on Terror. To close for now,
understand what you've seen is NOT at all typical of what American
rodeo is about. There are rodeos in different nations that some are
very different than found here in the States, so even the content of
the videos can dupe ya unless you know what you're watching for.

~justusloonz~
Post by Mulder
Post by ~justusloonz~
http://youtu.be/Tzg-zpXik6U
~justusloonz~
Mulder
2007-05-09 13:10:01 UTC
Today is a great day. The rodeo show in copenhagen is cancelled. :)
Post by Mulder
Post by ~justusloonz~
http://youtu.be/Tzg-zpXik6U
~justusloonz~
~justusloonz~
2007-05-11 05:38:23 UTC
Post by Mulder
Today is a great day. The rodeo show in copenhagen is cancelled. :)
Copenhagen means something rather different here. Regulars in the
group know it well. Many a quality bucking horse or bull is given that
name. It's nice to be a UST investor, even if I never dip anymore.
<):-) $$$

If nothing else, I'm gonna lose my extra gut and extra butt and start
getting back on some horses. You haven't won anything. There's the
thing about ying/yang that when something is eliminated that it
happens elsewhere, therefore it equals out. You might somehow grasp
that someday, but for now, I ain't holdin' my breath.

Since you've read little if anything I've stated, you've just made my
twit list. It's nothing personal. I don't want to waste my time
dealing with dim bulbs, but I'll keep my offer open and gladly let the
PeTArds lick the fecal matter off the bottom of my leather cowboy
boots. Remain dumb and dumber..

I laughed (and cried for the infant) concerning an vegan Atlanta
couple who starved their kid because it got only soy milk and apple
juice. Their trial ended days ago. The judge sure didn't grasp their
vegan stupidity. It's elimination via Darwin at work, and both are
getting time in jail despite their whining. Serves them right when
they ignore the obvious laws of Nature. You gotta feed your kid real
food, not PHG laded poison as soy milk.

~justusloonz~
Post by Mulder
Post by Mulder